[U-Boot-Users] BCSR

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jul 28 17:21:58 CEST 2004

In message <20040728141843.871.qmail at web50503.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> It appear that this address is not correct. (I have 852T Fads board).

It is absolutley correct. It is part of the design to set up a memory
map.

> Original fads.h file had
> #define BCSR_ADDR   ((uint) 0xFF080000)

OK.

> and I was getting sigabrt in serial.c (serial_init() call). Looking
> around I found another definition,
>
> #define BCSR_ADDR   ((uint) 0x02100000)

Yes, this is for another of theinfinite  number  of  possible  memory
maps; in this case it's one which cannot work under Linux.

> Yesterday I change Flash to start from 0x40000000 and again I am
> getting sigabrt serial.c:serial_init() function. This time none of
> definitions are working (all get sigabrt)

In my opinion you are changing too many things that are wokring  fine
anywhere else.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
You can't evaluate a man by logic alone.
	-- McCoy, "I, Mudd", stardate 4513.3