[U-Boot-Users] bootm change for standalone images

Andrew May acmay at acmay.homeip.net
Thu Jul 29 19:16:31 CEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-28 at 14:22, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <1091044779.17855.13.camel at mud> you wrote:
> To avoid duplicating code or to use misleading names I see two simple
> your    teeth    when    you   see   "RTEMS"   printed   instead   of
> "your_custom_code_without_a_proper_name", or (2)  give  your  code  a
> name  which we can add as new OS type, and let's use the RTEMS booter
> for your new "OS", too.

Well I may just do (1), but I wanted to make it easier for the next poor
soul that had the same issue. It is not obvious at all that RTEMS would
work for more than just RTEMS.

The other thing with names is that standalone sure doesn't standalone
when it uses U-Boot to do console IO for it. So when I was looking at
the code and doing mkimage I saw the choices and though well my
code wants to standalone, so the standalone image sounds good.
Sure the README describes standalone very well, but it doesn't help
when it seems to go against the dictionary definition of the word.

So I don't want to push for changing names around, but I hope you at
least understand my confusion.