[U-Boot-Users] Software emulation exception on entry into RAM

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jul 30 12:02:37 CEST 2004

In message <410A157E.5060307 at rochester.rr.com> you wrote:

> In my board specific code, after initialization of the SDRAM, I have
code that writes the address as data to that address - write 0x0 to 0x0,
> 0x4 to 0x4, etc. After the Software Emulation Exception, I go into the
> SDRAM and the code is copied correctly in the used areas, and my pattern
> is in the other areas.

And which data are you RADING from SDRAM?

> Because of this, I don't think my SDRAM settings are being changed.

You wrote you are using a BDI2000 - you can use  it  to  single  step
into  the  code  in  SDRAM.  What  does  this give? And if you get an
exception - where does it happen? What was the incorrect data?

You got the tools - use it to analyze your problem [or just save  the
time   and  re-check  your  SDRAM  initialization  against  the  chip
manufacturer's manual; at least this is what I would do if I  was  in
your position.]

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"Why waste negative entropy on comments, when you could use the  same
entropy to create bugs instead?"                        - Steve Elias