[U-Boot-Users] Special Procedure to prepare own Ramdisk for U-boot ?!!

Annamalai Prakash prakash at comodogroup.com
Wed Jun 2 08:14:37 CEST 2004

Hi

       Thanks for ur reply. i want to know is there any special
procedure to create my own RAMDISK.

       I followed this link.
http://www.vanemery.com/Linux/Ramdisk/ramdisk.html

       and done pMulti image (linux.bin.gz+ramdisk.gz). i have passed
the following as my commandline args.

 root=/dev/ram0 rw console=ttyS0,115200

      I dont know ..where u-boot load the RAMDISK n pass the address to
Kernel. i tried this one also ...

 root=/dev/ram0 rw initrd=0x00800000,4M console=ttyS0,115200

    No use ...

On Tue, 2004-06-01
 at 20:10, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <1086083340.14769.5.camel at Gargouille.comodoindia> you wrote:
> >
> >        i m still tring with RAMDisk. I cant see "   Loading Ramdisk to
> > 00xxxxx, end 00xxxxx ... OK" message while loading my RAMDisk. I want to
> > know howto boot my board with jffs2 file system..
>
> I think this is NOT a good strategy. It would be better to bring  ONE
> configurationup  and  working  first, before addressing the next (and
> even more complex) setup.
>
> >        And also i want to know how to integrate RAMDISK n kernel as a
> > single exectuable using mkimage.
>
> Read the FAQ. Especially
> http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/CombiningKernelAndRamdisk
> And please don't tell me this was difficult to find!!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk

Thanks
Prakash
Comodo Research Lab, Ltd,

addressed.If you have received this email in error please notify the
sender by replying to the e-mail containing this attachment. Replies to
this email may be monitored by Comodo for operational or business
reasons. Whilst every endeavour is taken to ensure that e-mails are free
from viruses, no liability can be accepted and the recipient is
requested to use their own virus checking software.