[U-Boot-Users] setup_ramdisk_tag omitted in armlinux.c

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jun 3 15:03:26 CEST 2004

In message <1086263113.4774.8.camel at Gargouille.comodoindia> you wrote:

>      I found that in U-Boot 1.1.1. version , setup_ramdisk_tag()
> function is not defined. so that we couldnt pass RAMDISK_TAG to Kernel.

It's not defined, and not called anywhere.

>       I have added the following code with armlinux.c. Now it passing
> the RAMDISK_TAG.
>  I dont know is it correct or not ..

Since you didn't add any code that actually calls this funktion  it's
superfluous

>    I have one more query also, should the bootloader load the RAM disk
> into memory or kernel will take care of ?.

This has been discussed beofre on this list.  The  kernel  should  do
that.  Patches  for  (older?)  kernels  that  don't do this have been
posted to this list several times.

>    My ATAG_INITRD2 node passing my Flash's physical address of initrd.
> is it also correct or not. becoz my DRAM Starts with 0x00. My flash
> starts at 0x50000000. So my kernel displays "diabling initrd". plz tell
> me how to fix it.

Do it like the other boards do. I can only test on SMDK24xx and trab.
It works fine there.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Shakespeare's Law of Prototyping: (Hamlet III, iv, 156-160)
        O, throw away the worser part of it,
        And live the purer with the other half.