[U-Boot-Users] setup_ramdisk_tag omitted in armlinux.c

Annamalai Prakash prakash at comodogroup.com
Thu Jun 3 13:45:13 CEST 2004

Hi there...

     I found that in U-Boot 1.1.1. version , setup_ramdisk_tag()
function is not defined. so that we couldnt pass RAMDISK_TAG to Kernel.

      I have added the following code with armlinux.c. Now it passing
the RAMDISK_TAG.

      #ifdef CONFIG_RAMDISK_TAG
static void setup_ramdisk_tag (bd_t *bd)
{
      /* patch added by PRAKASH */
        params->hdr.tag = ATAG_RAMDISK;
        params->hdr.size = tag_size (tag_ramdisk);

        params->u.ramdisk.flags = 1;
        params->u.ramdisk.size  = 8192;
        params->u.ramdisk.start = 0;
        params = tag_next (params);
}
#endif /* CONFIG_RAMDISK_TAG */
                                                                                                                             I dont know is it correct or not ..

   I have one more query also, should the bootloader load the RAM disk
into memory or kernel will take care of ?.

   My ATAG_INITRD2 node passing my Flash's physical address of initrd.
is it also correct or not. becoz my DRAM Starts with 0x00. My flash
starts at 0x50000000. So my kernel displays "diabling initrd". plz tell
me how to fix it.

Thanks
Prakash