[U-Boot-Users] help: linux kernel uncompress question

wyu hotmail santerash at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 8 17:35:51 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm porting u-boot on my PPC405EP board. I started from bubinga405ep board,
and I have sucessfully loaded a linux kernel and made it run well. Now I
try to create another folder for my own board in ../board folder and named
it as sgw405ep, I modified makefile and some other places which related to
bubinga45ep. The new u-boot can start up and can also download linux kernel
(same kernel) via tftp. but when I try to make the kernel run by typing
bootm, I get the following message:
=> bootm
## Booting image at 00400000 ...
   Image Name:   Linux Kernel Image
   Image Type:   PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
   Data Size:    603024 Bytes = 588.9 kB
   Load Address: 00000000
   Entry Point:  00000000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK
   Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK
## Current stack ends at 0x01FAD598 => set upper limit to 0x00800000
## cmdline at 0x007FFC00 ... 0x007FFC50
bd address  = 0x01FADF8C
memstart    = 0x00000000
memsize     = 0x02000000
flashstart  = 0x10000000
flashsize   = 0x00200000
flashoffset = 0x00000000
sramstart   = 0x00000000
sramsize    = 0x00000000
bootflags   = 0x0000A000
procfreq    = 266.666 MHz
plb_busfreq = 133.333 MHz
pci_busfreq = 33.333 MHz
ethaddr     = 00:E5:00:08:0F:E5
IP addr     = 128.127.18.3
baudrate    = 115200 bps
No initrd
## Transferring control to Linux (at address 00000000) ...

and then, the processor seems halt.

I compared the data in sdram from 0x00000000 to 0x00020000 after the kernel
was uncompressed into SDRAM for the two u-boot, I found the some data are
not same in section 0x00000000 to 0x00002000.

Two u-boot all reports that Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK, but why the
data not same?
Who can tell me What's possible problems?

Thanks very much!

yuwp