[U-Boot-Users] Patches [Part 1/2] for the MPC8540ADS and MPC8560ADS boards

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jun 9 02:33:44 CEST 2004

Dear Jon,

in message <1084311854.30497.101.camel at gleep.sps.mot.com> you wrote:

> Here are some patches for the MPC 8540/8560 ADS boards.
> A CHANGELOG entry follows below, and the patches are in
> two .tgz files, part 1 and part 2.   This is part 1.

So actually this is ONE patch.

> * Patch by Jon Loeliger, 10-May-2004
>   Dynamically handle REV1 and REV2 MPC85xx parts.
>
> * Patch by Kumar Gala, 10-May-2004
>   New consistent memory map and Local Access Window across MPC85xx line.
>   New CCSRBAR at 0xE000_0000 now.
>   Add RAPID I/O memory map.
>   New memory map in README.MPC85xxads
>
> * Patch by Jon Loeliger, 10-May-2004
>   Better board and CPU identification on MPC85xx boards at boot.
>
> * Patch by Jim Robertson, 10-May-2004
>   SDRAM clock control fixes on MPC8540ADS & MPC8560 boards.
>   Some configuration options for MPC8540ADS & MPC8560ADS cleaned up.
>
> * Patch by Andy Fleming, 10-May-2004
>   Rewrite of the MPC85xx Three Speed Ethernet Controller (TSEC) driver.
>   Supports multiple PHYs.
>
> * Patch by Kumar Gala, 10-May-2004
>   Some README.MPC85xxads updates.
>
> * Patch by Andy Fleming, 10-May-2004
>   Copyright updates for "Freescale"

Then please provide ONE entry for the CHANGELOG file only.

Please stick with the Coding style (no C++ comments!).

Ummm... why is your patch silently attempting to  kill  5  completely
unrelated CHANEGLOG entries? Don't try that on me!

Added.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of  giants.
              - Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, 5 February 1676