[U-Boot-Users] still having issues with timer exception

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jun 18 12:43:51 CEST 2004

In message <DA5CB450F843D611823E0002A5D4DB3C01FFD0AD at renexch1.rennes.thmulti.com> you wrote:

> mtpit(61a80) is called... Oh and btw, I took the walnut board as a model to
> port u-boot on my board and there's something I don't understand quite well
> in the flash.c file:
> function flash_erase. Why are interrupts disabled? And how can the

Why  not?  This  makes  sure  that  we  don;t  get  disturbed   while
perfoirming operations on the flash chips.

> wait_for_DQ7 function called by flash_erase could possibly work with
> disabled interrupts (how could the timeout be reached?)?

We don't need interrupts. Check how the timer service is implemented.
It does not use nor need any interrupts.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Dear Lord: I just want *one* one-armed manager so  I  never  have  to
hear "On the other hand", again.