[U-Boot-Users] still having issues with timer exception

Seingier François-Xavier Francois-Xavier.Seingier at thomson.net
Fri Jun 18 12:22:37 CEST 2004

hello,
the subject line sums it all... There's no way I can get the timer working
properly. Again, this is an unsupported board yet with a ppc405 core. I am
using a debugger from windriver. The pit register remains with the value 0
although the tcr is set to 04400000 (reload) and the instruction
mtpit(61a80) is called... Oh and btw, I took the walnut board as a model to
port u-boot on my board and there's something I don't understand quite well
in the flash.c file:
function flash_erase. Why are interrupts disabled? And how can the
wait_for_DQ7 function called by flash_erase could possibly work with
disabled interrupts (how could the timeout be reached?)?

regards,

François-Xavier SEINGIER