[U-Boot-Users] u-boot on top of another bootloader

Shawn Jin shawnxtech at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 22 03:34:46 CEST 2004

Hi,

Can u-boot run on top of another bootloader? The board I'm working on has a
proprietary boot loader. I cannot totally abandon this bootloader because
the vendor is unwilling to disclose some critical details of the board. So
I'm thinking of putting u-boot on top of it. Is this idea feasible?

The original boot loader is at 0xFFF00000. One thing I need to do is to
move the u-boot location to somewhere else. AFAIK u-boot usually locates at
0xFFF00000. What feature of a board decides the address of the first
instruction?

Thanks,
-Shawn.