[U-Boot-Users] Uboot compiling problem...

Andy Hawkins a.hawkins at cabletime.com
Tue Jun 22 15:05:37 CEST 2004

Hi,

> Please include the error messages, for which board configuration this
> happens, which version of U-Boot source code  and  which  version  of
> which cross compiler toolchain you are using.

Odd...it's not doing it now. I'm using MontaVista Pro 3.1 as the compile
toolset, U-Boot 1.1.0. The error was very similar to the one posted by
the other poster, something about 'option `-n' is ambiguous', as well as
something like 'unexpected token FFFF0000 (I think this is the base
address). This was while compiling the example programs.

If it happens again, I'll be sure to post to the list with the exact
errors.

> It is more helpful to report problems than just to silence the  error
> messages.

True, and apologies for not doing so. As it was only the example
programs (that I had no need for at the time) I just fixed the symptom
and carried on.

I'll provide more info if I see it again.

Andy