[U-Boot-Users] u-boot on top of another bootloader

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jun 23 09:04:00 CEST 2004

In message <20040623021134.57900.qmail at web20704.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> At the very beginning u-boot is executed from flash. That's why there are
> some functions with postfix xxx_f(). Since the system has been initialized
> by the original bootloader, is it possible to skip this step and to copy
> the necessary part of u-boot to RAM and then to execute it from RAM?

Everything is possible. The question is if it makes sense  to  change
too  many  things,  i.  e.  how  much  effort  it will make and which
advantages you have when doing these changes.

> I did built an image and put it at 0xFFE00000. However it cannot step
> forward from the very first instruction.

Who says that the first instruction is at offset  0?  And  for  which
address was your image linked?

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The optimum committee has no members.
                                                   - Norman Augustine