[U-Boot-Users] u-boot on top of another bootloader

Shawn shawnxtech at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 23 18:54:23 CEST 2004

> > At the very beginning u-boot is executed from flash. That's why there
> are
> > some functions with postfix xxx_f(). Since the system has been
> initialized
> > by the original bootloader, is it possible to skip this step and to
> copy
> > the necessary part of u-boot to RAM and then to execute it from RAM?
>
> Everything is possible. The question is if it makes sense  to  change
> too  many  things,  i.  e.  how  much  effort  it will make and which
> advantages you have when doing these changes.
Yeah. I totally agree. The difference between newbies and experts is that
experts know exactly how much effort a change will make and how to do it.
Newbies have to learn from experts and practices. Please bear with me. ;)

> > I did built an image and put it at 0xFFE00000. However it cannot step
> > forward from the very first instruction.
>
> Who says that the first instruction is at offset  0?  And  for  which
> address was your image linked?
My stupidity. The first instruction should be at 0xFFE00100 in my case. The
image is linked at 0xFFE00000.

Now the code is running but certainly has problems. I'm trying to fix them.

THanks,
-Shawn.