[U-Boot-Users] Where is flash_init() after u-boot relocated to RAM?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jun 24 20:12:03 CEST 2004

In message <20040624175330.44479.qmail at web20709.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> I did read that chapter. I found that gdb even cannot stop at
> cpu_init_f(). At this time u-boot is still executed from flash. I
> linked u-boot at 0xffe00000. Isn't it strange, is it?

No, it's not. You probably forgot to configure your  BDI2000  to  use
hardware  breakpoints;  and  software  breakpoints  won't work as GDB
cannot write a trap instruction at the breakpoint address. Try:

	gdb$ mon break hard

before setting the breakpoint.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"Little prigs and three-quarter madmen may have the conceit that  the
laws of nature are constantly broken for their sakes."
- Friedrich Nietzsche