[U-Boot-Users] Where is flash_init() after u-boot relocated to RAM?

Shawn shawnxtech at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 24 21:00:46 CEST 2004

Wolfgang,

My question about BDI2000 should go to Abtron. But their response usually
takes one or more days. So I just ask you here. ;)

Yes. You're right. I set breakpoint mode to SOFT. But after I change the
breakpoint to HARD, I have the following problem. There is only one hard
breakpoint that can be set at a time.

(gdb) target remote rslab129:9124
Remote debugging using rslab129:9124
0xfff07550 in ?? ()
(gdb) mon ci
(gdb) b cpu_init_f
Breakpoint 1 at 0xffe093c0: file cpu_init.c, line 93.
(gdb) c
Continuing.
warning: Cannot insert breakpoint 1:
Error accessing memory address 0xffe093c0: Unknown error 4294967295.
(gdb)

My target setup is as follows.
[TARGET]
CPUTYPE     8240        ;the CPU type (603EV,750,8240,8260)
JTAGCLOCK   0           ;use 16 MHz JTAG clock
WORKSPACE   0x00000000	;workspace in target RAM for fast download
BDIMODE     AGENT     	;the BDI working mode (LOADONLY | AGENT | GATEWAY)
BREAKMODE   HARD      	;SOFT or HARD, HARD uses PPC hardware breakpoint
;VECTOR      CATCH       ;catch unhandled exceptions
DCACHE      NOFLUSH		;data cache flushing (FLUSH | NOFLUSH)
MMU	    XLAT	; translate effective to physical address
PTBASE	    0x000000f0	; Here is the pointer to the page table pointers

Thanks a lot,
-Shawn.