[U-Boot-Users] u-boot on a dbau1000

Othmar Pasteka pasteka at kabsi.at
Thu Jun 24 23:46:03 CEST 2004

hello,

I just tried to load a compiled u-boot image on a dbau1000 devel
board. but as it seems that quite at  the beginning of loading
the image via tftp the whole system froze. accidentally I also
did this with the other boot rom, so prolly both are busted. the
number display on the board shows a "02" whatever that means. I
couldn't find documentation what this should actually mean. I
assume that it means, more or less, that I busted the system.
is there anything I can do right now to resurrect the boot rom,
like resetting it to factory defaults, whatsoever? or more or
less the last option I have is to call AMD?

the other technical question I'ld like to get some enlightenment
is, why the system freezes or like, why is the boot rom busted
just when doing a load? is load doing more than just moving the
image into the ram? which is so far my understanding what load
does. maybe I omitted something in the docs ... any hints,
answers are greatly appreciated :).

the u-boot version in question is 1.1.1 but I had to made some
changes to the source so that it compiles, like finding functions
in start.S and the like. I wonder if the setup as it is shipped
in 1.1.1 and cvs is supposed to work or how much hacking should
be put in there that it is compileable.

regards,
Othmar