[U-Boot-Users] u-boot on a dbau1000

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jun 25 00:56:18 CEST 2004

In message <20040624214603.GB1989 at tron.at> you wrote:

> I just tried to load a compiled u-boot image on a dbau1000 devel
> board. but as it seems that quite at  the beginning of loading
> the image via tftp the whole system froze. accidentally I also
> did this with the other boot rom, so prolly both are busted. the

You seem to love the risk....

> number display on the board shows a "02" whatever that means. I
> couldn't find documentation what this should actually mean. I
> assume that it means, more or less, that I busted the system.

Right.

> is there anything I can do right now to resurrect the boot rom,
> like resetting it to factory defaults, whatsoever? or more or
> less the last option I have is to call AMD?

Attach your JTAG debugger, and erase and reprogram the flash.

> the other technical question I'ld like to get some enlightenment
> is, why the system freezes or like, why is the boot rom busted
> just when doing a load? is load doing more than just moving the

Probably because you were doing something wrong? Sorry, but with your
vague description nearly everything may have been wrong.

> the u-boot version in question is 1.1.1 but I had to made some
> changes to the source so that it compiles, like finding functions
> in start.S and the like. I wonder if the setup as it is shipped

Sounds as is your toolchain is VERY broken.  You  should  not  expect
that a system which required such severe changes will atually work.

> in 1.1.1 and cvs is supposed to work or how much hacking should
> be put in there that it is compileable.

No changes are necessary. It compiles fine.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
To be a winner, all you need to give is all you have.