[U-Boot-Users] How can I add an interrupt handler in the U-boot?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jun 30 09:08:41 CEST 2004

In message <20040630061328.83297.qmail at web15205.mail.bjs.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> I found that the U-boot is not supporting the
> Interrupt multiplexing. right? So I can't add an

What exactly do you mean by interrupt multiplexing?

> interrupt handler for my specific device.

Why not? What's wrong with using install_hdlr() / free_hdlr() ?

Having said this, I should  ask:  why  do  you  think  you  must  use
interrupts in the first place?

> Is there any mechanism to inplement the same
> function?Using polling method and make a fake
> interrupt?

Normally you don't need interrupts  in  U-Boot.  U-Boot  is  strictly
single-tasking  by  nature and design. So you can just use polling in
your device driver.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
O Staat!   Wie tief dir alle Besten fluchen!  Du bist kein Ziel.  Der
Mensch muß weiter suchen.                     - Christian Morgenstern