[U-Boot-Users] How can I add an interrupt handler in the U-boot?

Roc Wu cooloney at yahoo.com.cn
Wed Jun 30 13:27:05 CEST 2004

--- Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> 的正文:> In message

<20040630061328.83297.qmail at web15205.mail.bjs.yahoo.com>
> you wrote:
> >
> > I found that the U-boot is not supporting the
> > Interrupt multiplexing. right? So I can't add an
>
> What exactly do you mean by interrupt multiplexing?

Oh, It is mean u-boot providing an interrupt
management to manage lots of interrupts from the
device. Like linux kernel. So forgive me for asking
such unclearly question make you confused.

> > interrupt handler for my specific device.
>
> Why not? What's wrong with using install_hdlr() /
> free_hdlr() ?
>
> Having said this, I should  ask:  why  do  you
> think  you  must  use
> interrupts in the first place?

Actually, I usually using interrupts for device
driver. As in u-boot, I am not realize interrupt is
not necessary.

> > Is there any mechanism to inplement the same
> > function?Using polling method and make a fake
> > interrupt?
>
> Normally you don't need interrupts  in  U-Boot.
> U-Boot  is  strictly
> single-tasking  by  nature and design. So you can
> just use polling in
> your device driver.

Ok, Thanks for you help. I will try to using the
polling method to inplement the device driver.

Best Regards.
Thanks a lot

Bryan Wu in China

P.S. I can't use my company's email to subscribe the
mailist. please check the address pwu at jadechip.com, is
it been blocked by the mailist system?