[U-Boot-Users] Re: A Shared flash.c

Stephen Williams gfi8d1h02 at sneakemail.com
Sat Mar 6 00:06:22 CET 2004

Wolfgang Denk wd-at-denx.de |u-boot-users| wrote:
> In message <26365-62604 at sneakemail.com> you wrote:
>
>>Well gee, it seems like flash_print_info in particular should
>>go into the cmd_flash.c file, *inside* the (CONFIG_COMMANDS & CFG_CMD_FLASH)
>>section. The flinfo command is the only place it is used. There
>>are a few other functions like that, but print_flash_info is the
>>most glaring example.
>

> Please have a look over the rim. There are other flash drivers  which
> are just different.

OK, that's true about the flash.c file as a whole, but the
print_flash_info functions are all board independent, as far
as I can see. Just different levels of completeness. There
are other similar functions that only peruse the flash_info
structures and so are completely board independent, and I
was merely thinking in terms of unifying some common code.

Again, I see your point WRT flash.c as a whole, but wouldn't
it be useful to for example make flash_print_info common?

Granted that's a lot of board files implementing the same
print_flash_info, so maybe surround a common version with
CFG_FLASH_COMMON_PRINT and use that for the few that are
staring me in the face.
steve at XXXXXXXXXX           But I have promises to keep,
http://www.XXXXXXXXXX         and lines to code before I sleep,