[U-Boot-Users] Flash partions ...

Wolfgang Kanovsky kaw at rdcs.at
Fri Mar 12 11:39:29 CET 2004

Hi all

does any one know where i have to fill an mtd structure in uboot
when i wonna have partitions on my flash ?

i patched the linux kernel ...with mtd struct ..but where can i do the same
for uboot ?

/* partition_info gives details on the logical partitions that the split the
 * single flash device into. If the size if zero we use up to the end of the
 * device. */

static struct mtd_partition partition_info[]={
    {
        .name = "HopfSC520 boot kernel",
        .offset = 0,
        .size = 0xc0000
    },
    {
        .name = "HopfSC520",
        .offset = 0xc0000,
        .size = 0x40000
    },
    {
        .name = "HopfSC520 file system 15MB",
        .offset = 0x100000,
        .size = 0xe80000
    },
    {
        .name = "HopfSC520 U-boot 512K",
        .offset = 0xf80000,
        .size = 0x80000
    },
};
#define NUM_PARTITIONS (sizeof(partition_info)/sizeof(partition_info[0]))

best regards
Wolfgang Kanovsky