[U-Boot-Users] Flash partions ...

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Mar 12 12:01:16 CET 2004

Dear Wolfgang,

in message <MLEJJGJGPLGEPCONGKJNGEELCAAA.kaw at rdcs.at> you wrote:

> does any one know where i have to fill an mtd structure in uboot
> when i wonna have partitions on my flash ?

There is no MTD support in U-Boot. U-Boot handles just the low  level
interface, i. e. individual sectors or address ranges.

> i patched the linux kernel ...with mtd struct ..but where can i do the same
> for uboot ?

You can pass a partition map to the Linux kernel as part of the  boot
arguments; see the manual at
http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/BootTimeConfigurationOfMTDPartitions

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
As of 1992, they're called European Economic Community fries.