[U-Boot-Users] YOUR OPINION PLEASE: u-boot-users added to Gmane

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Mar 14 22:39:23 CET 2004

In message <m365dc1px2.fsf at quimbies.gnus.org> the Gmane Administrator wrote:

> We have received a request for adding the
> u-boot-users at lists.sourceforge.net mailing list to the Gmane
> mail-to-news gateway/archive. A subscription request message has been
> sent. If this is contrary to your wishes, please send a mail to
> admin at gmane.org saying so, and the list will be removed from Gmane.
> If you wish to import older archives into Gmane, send a message to
> the Gmane administrators with the URL of a Unix mbox archive of the
> mailing list.

I can provide complete logs of the ppcboot-users and the u-boot-users
mailing lists. I think this is an excellent chance to get a seachable
archive of both.

However, my archives include  not  only  postings  sent  through  the
mailing  lists,  but also some messages that were sent directly to my
address. I am certain that  they  do  not  include  any  confidential
information,  and  that they are all U-Boot related.

Is there anybody who sent me such "private" communication who objects
against putting these messages into a public archive?

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
A right is not what someone gives you; it's what no one can take from
you.                                                   - Ramsey Clark