[U-Boot-Users] MPC5200LITE saveenv issue

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Mar 14 23:28:57 CET 2004

In message <026001c40a07$9830cb80$952f7f3e at emil> you wrote:

> I did a download of the latest u-boot from the SourceForge CVS 2004-03-10.

This is not the "latest" U-boot. Tha latest U-Boot is always "-Dnow" :-)

> After building u-boot with MPC5200LITE_LOWBOOT_config, I downloaded it
> with DBUG, moved the L/H jumper jumper to low boot, performed reset and
> u-boot was up. Unfortunately, u-boot didn't went up again after doing
> saveenv. I found that the binary was 209192 bytes and that the environment
> was located at 0xff030000 so I reckoned that the application used part of
> the environment area. I modified IceCube.h to have the environment

This has already been fixed. Please update your sources.

> I am using ELDK 2.0 and I am not sure if the newer gcc of ELDK 3.0 might
> generate more optimized code, which might fit into the original setup.

No, some features were added, and the code has  grown.  We  need  the
additional  sector  for code, no matter if you use the old or the new
compiler.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
I program, therefore I am.