[U-Boot-Users] Re: Booting from ext2 partition

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Mar 18 14:45:09 CET 2004

Dear Pavel,

in message <40597698.5050400 at sysgo.com> you wrote:

> Wolfgang, currently I have implementation of booting from Reiserfs for
> U-Boot 0.3.0. My question is: will you accept the patch for latest
> version of U-Boot or you are totally against next filesytstem support in
> U-Boot ?

I will never reject an extension that is useful to  some  people  and
does not hurt all the others. If your extension can be turned off (by
compile-time configuration options) completely I see no reason not to
add it.

My personal opinion is that such features are  more  or  less  wasted
effort,  since  the  same  result is usually easily available without
this feature. But if the work has already been done, it would be even
worse NOT to make it available to others.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
He had been eight years upon a project for extracting sunbeams out of
cucumbers, which were to be put in vials hermetically sealed, and let
out to warm the air in raw inclement summers.        - Jonathan Swift
              _Gulliver's Travels_ ``A Voyage to Laputa, etc.'' ch. 5