[U-Boot-Users] Re: Booting from ext2 partition

Pavel Bartusek pba at sysgo.com
Thu Mar 18 15:18:12 CET 2004

Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> I will never reject an extension that is useful to  some  people  and
> does not hurt all the others.
It is nice to hear such message :-)

> If your extension can be turned off (by
> compile-time configuration options) completely I see no reason not to
> add it.
Yes, it can.

> My personal opinion is that such features are  more  or  less  wasted
> effort,  since  the  same  result is usually easily available without
> this feature.
You are right, _usually_ you can live with additional partition for
kernel, but there can be a situation when we need boot directly from
some filesystem.

Give me some time and I'll port the reiserfs stuff to the latest U-Boot
and send it to this list.

Best regards

--

Pavel Bartusek <pba at sysgo.com>
Software Engineering

SYSGO Real-Time Solutions AG | Embedded and Real-Time Software
Lise-Meitner-Str.15
89081 Ulm, Germany

Voice: +49-731-9533-1295
FAX:   +49-731-94683-10