[U-Boot-Users] LOADB in u-boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Mar 22 11:52:12 CET 2004

In message <DLEALGDPKDCCDOIIPLNFEEHLCDAA.vidya_s at lgsoftindia.com> you wrote:

>    I am new to u-boot. I am porting u-boot to Blackfin processor. I am
> facing problems while loading the file via kermit to the target. Its waiting

Did you read the documentation? The "loadb" command is  described  in
detail at
http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/UBootCmdGroupDownload#Section_5.9.5.3.

> infinitely in the function k_recv, probably becoz its not receiving the

This might be because bad / incorrect initializatioon of  the  serial
port on either side of the connection. See also
http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/SystemSetup#Section_4.3.

> START_CHAR. When i try sending the file from hyperterminal, it aborts after

I don't think that hyperterminal is  capable  of  sending  in  Kermit
binary protocol. Why don't you use kermit?

> some time. What is the script send_image under tools directory? Do i need to
> do anything with that?

Did you read tools/scripts/README? If yes, which  part  did  you  not
understand?

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Bankers do it with interest (penalty for early withdrawal).