[U-Boot-Users] PATCH: PCMCIA and PXA250

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Mar 23 22:34:19 CET 2004

Dear Leon,

in message <Pine.LNX.4.44.0403161449080.13005-101000 at tt-devel.ultra.si> you wrote:

> Note that I had to change TEXT_ADDRESS for board/wepep250, otherwise the image
> does not fit in (with IDE, PCMCIA, FAT support). The TEXT_ADDRESS change is as
> minimal as it can get.

Thanks. One question: the patch brings in a couple of [Linux]  system
header files:

	include/asm-arm/arch-pxa/io.h
	include/asm-arm/assembler.h
	include/asm-arm/io.h
	include/asm-arm/proc-armv/assembler.h
	include/linux/linkage.h

and even some assembler code:

	lib_arm/io-readsw-armv4.S
	lib_arm/io-writesw-armv4.S

Do we _really_ need all these header files? At first glance  I  think
it  should  be  possible to without most of them. Also, the assembler
files seem to be pulled in for ALL ARM boards?

Can you please check and verify that we really _need_ all this stuff?

Thanks.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
When properly administered, vacations do not  diminish  productivity:
for every week you're away and get nothing done, there's another when
your boss is away and you get twice as much done.  -- Daniel B. Luten