[U-Boot-Users] PATCH: fix FEC problems on MPC5200

Pierre AUBERT p.aubert at staubli.com
Thu Mar 25 10:57:29 CET 2004

Wolfgang Denk wrote:

>In message <4062A3C1.40107 at staubli.com> you wrote:
>

>>On my side, I had the timeouts problems on tftp transferts from the begining.
>>IDE support didn't change anything, the problem exists before.
>>

>It would be interesting to know if there were some components in your
>setup that you were not able to replace:
>
>	LITE5200 board
>	network cable(s)
>	switch(es) / hub(s)
>	TFTP server

I've made some tests with several tftp servers (Unix servers and PC
servers). Of course,
I've tried several cables and severals ports on several switches. I've
also made some tests
with a direct connection between a PC and my Lite5200 with same results
(in this case, timeouts
are rare, but it happens sometimes).
Unfortunately, I've got only one Lite5200 board but other people have
same problems
(see thread
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=4080201&forum_id=12898)
I think that my board is OK because I don't have any problem with the
FEC under my
operating system.

>Only if you were able to  replace  each  of  them,  and  the  problem
>persisted, I am convinced of a problem with the code.
>
>We had several boards, both with MGT5100 and MPC5200, with SDRAM  and
>DDR,  in  several  layour  versions  of the IceCube / LITE board, and
>additionally some custom boards. Never had that sort of problem until
>around the time the IDE stuff was checked in.
>
>Best regards,
>
>Wolfgang Denk

Best regards