[U-Boot-Users] [Newbie help] Motorola Board with GT64260

Mike McCullough mike at mccengineering.com
Mon May 3 03:46:09 CEST 2004

At 12:45 PM 5/2/2004 +0200, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
>In message <Pine.LNX.4.58.0405031301060.654 at corpster2> you wrote:
> >
> > I'd really like an overview what I would need to port U-Boot to the
> > Motorola MVME5500.
>
>See section "U-Boot Porting Guide" in the README.
>
> > I've seen in the source, that there's support for an evaluation board
> > featuring this controller - EVB64260. The CPU seems to be supported as
> > well by the 74xx_7xx, as far as I can see.
>
>Correct.
>
> > But I do need some starting points of how to know which code to adapt,
> > how to rewire the existing code, which data to supply to make it
> > correspond to my setup.
>
>Well, even if you cannot implement the  function  no_more_time()  the
>rest  of  the "U-Boot Porting Guide" still applies. Follow it step by
>step.
>
>BTW: MCC Systems sells a "Linux SDK" which includes a port of U-Boot
>to the MVME5500 board (see http://www.mccengineering.com/linuxsdks.htm)

Actually, MCC does NOT have a port of U-boot to the Motorola 5500 board as
we used the onboard MOTload software instead. Since MOTLoad worked just
fine for us (once we figured it out) we didn't do the U-Boot port.

Sorry.

>Maybe we should start a "black list"  of  companies  who  don't  give
>their patches back to the public source tree.

Well, everything that we list on our Web site is freely available. You just
have to do the same amount of hunting (and integration!) that MCC did.

I'm not fond of black-listing myself. Isn't that what big companies do??

>Best regards,
>
>Wolfgang Denk
>
>--
>Software Engineering:  Embedded and Realtime Systems,  Embedded Linux
>Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
>Remember that Beethoven wrote his first symphony in C ...

Mike McCullough                    MCC Systems, Inc.
President and CEO                  9 Cheshire Court
                                    Londonderry, NH 03053

mike at mccengineering.com            Tel:  603-537-9593
                                    Fax:  831-309-3472

        Embedded Training        Development Tools
        Embedded Consulting      Custom Support Programs