[U-Boot-Users] [Newbie help] Motorola Board with GT64260

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun May 2 12:45:28 CEST 2004

In message <Pine.LNX.4.58.0405031301060.654 at corpster2> you wrote:

> I'd really like an overview what I would need to port U-Boot to the
> Motorola MVME5500.

See section "U-Boot Porting Guide" in the README.

> I've seen in the source, that there's support for an evaluation board
> featuring this controller - EVB64260. The CPU seems to be supported as
> well by the 74xx_7xx, as far as I can see.

Correct.

> But I do need some starting points of how to know which code to adapt,
> how to rewire the existing code, which data to supply to make it
> correspond to my setup.

Well, even if you cannot implement the  function  no_more_time()  the
rest  of  the "U-Boot Porting Guide" still applies. Follow it step by
step.

BTW: MCC Systems sells a "Linux SDK" which includes a port of U-Boot
to the MVME5500 board (see http://www.mccengineering.com/linuxsdks.htm)

Maybe we should start a "black list"  of  companies  who  don't  give
their patches back to the public source tree.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Remember that Beethoven wrote his first symphony in C ...