[U-Boot-Users] Posible IBM PPC440GX Cache Initialization Problem

Carl Riechers criechers at yahoo.com
Thu May 6 15:46:40 CEST 2004

I have been getting 0700 exceptions while running
Linux 2.4.20 on mature code on custom hardware.  I
discovered that if I call the disable dcache function
after u-boot relocates to SDRAM the problem is
corrected.  Apparently the icache is getting
corrupted.  I don't understand why the dcache affects
the icache.  I have checked all of the SDRAM timing on
a GHz occilascope and the waveforms are perfect.  I
have the ECC on and I can run an exhastive SDRAM test
with the dcache on.

I was wondering if anyone has seen this problem or if
I have a hardware problem?

I am currently working on turning on the L2 cache
using the internal SRAM for benchmarking performance.

Regards,
Carl J. Riechers