[U-Boot-Users] flash memory programmer

George G. Davis davis_g at comcast.net
Sat May 22 04:24:54 CEST 2004

On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 10:10:41PM -0400, Frank Young wrote:
> Hi,
>
> To write u-boot to the flash memory, what kind of flash programmer do you
> guys usually use?

An Abatron BDI2000 JTAG based debugger. : P

> The flash I am using is Fujitsu MBM29DL640E.

IIRC, I've used the BDI2000 to program same part before. ; )

> I asked
> around and the average price is around $900. That is too expensive for me.

Oh, well, I guess the BDI200 may cost more but you'll get more mileage too.

> Do anyone know any programmer under $500?

Erm, you can use a parallel to JTAG dongle and host JTAG software to
bit-bang the JTAG of your processor to program flash. Google around
or wait for other to give more details.

--
Regards,
George