[U-Boot-Users] Help U-boot without dhcp,bootp

Annamalai Prakash prakash at comodogroup.com
Wed May 26 11:40:51 CEST 2004

Hi there...

        I m very newbie to U-boot. I installed U-boot 1.1.1 in my King
canyon Board (Intel's ixp425 Processor).  I can able to see the
following mesg while reseting the Board power.

U-Boot 1.1.1 (May  4 2004 - 13:15:14)

U-Boot code: 00F80000 -> 00F90D9C  BSS: -> 00F922AC
RAM Configuration:
Bank #0: 00000000 16 MB
Flash: 32 MB
In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
## Booting image at 50040000 ...
Bad Magic Number
=> help

         The help list displays only loadb,loads downloding commands. I
dont know how to download the Linux kernel from my PC to Board. But In
U-boot's Online manual deals booting the board via BOOTP, DHCP.Those
options (bootp,dhcp,rarpboot,tftpboot) are not available in my
bootloader.

           I compiled the U-boot code by following the below steps.

            make ixdp425_config
            make

            Tell me what should i do to get the above options and how to
download my kernel,ram disk to my board ?. Is it possible to convert my
zImage into BIN format... (I think .srec format occupies more memory
space).

      Thanks in Advance.

Thanks
Prakash