[U-Boot-Users] running U-boot on ML300 board??

Peter Ryser Peter.Ryser at xilinx.com
Thu May 27 16:40:36 CEST 2004

Abdelmajid,

after configuring and compiling u-boot for ML300 you will find an ELF
file called u-boot in the root directory of u-boot. Now, configure the
FPGA on ML300 with the bitstream from the reference design and then use
your debugger (e.g. XMD with P4 cable) to download u-boot to and run it
on the board.

If  you want to generate an ACE file containing u-boot and the bitstream
go to the root directory of the reference design and execute the
following command:
$ xmd genace.tcl -jprog -board ml300 -hw implementation/download.bit
-elf <path to u-boot>/u-boot -ace top.ace

Copy the ACE file onto the MicroDrive (e.g. replace the ACE file in
xilinx/myace) and run u-boot either by selecting it through the
touchscreen or by setting the System ACE CF dial to four.

However, I recommend to first get the cable/debugger method working
before you try with the ACE file.

- Peter