[U-Boot-Users] flash erase

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu May 27 20:10:25 CEST 2004

In message <052401c443f1$218d1550$6b01a8c0 at cc> you wrote:
> Do you have an example to know how to erase the flash 28F128J3 from INTEL?

This has little to do with which chip is being used,  but  more  with
how  your  board is organized, i. e. bus width and how many chips are
used to form a bank. I think you use 2 chips in 16 bit mode to form a
32 bit wide bank. This must be implemented in the driver.

> I use 16-bit data width, CS0.  I would like to use this flash in order to
> store u-boot and applications (linux and ramdisk).

Are you really sure? To me it looks more as if there ware 2 x 16  bit
devices on a 32 bit wide bus.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.