[U-Boot-Users] Hello world application running problem

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Nov 1 09:55:10 CET 2004

In message <20041101051752.7411.qmail at web12010.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> Actually i went thru the doc/README.standalone file
> and theres a table which tell abt load and entry point
> address of various architecture.
>
> For arm load = 0x0c100000
> entry pt = 0x0c100000.

You are right.

> I still have 2 doubts( hope it doesnt annoys u)
> 1.Cant i tftp my hello_world.bin to any valid address
> of RAM eg "tftp 0x30000000 hello_world.bin"

You, you can do this (but the code will not run if  downloaded  to  a
different address).

> 2.How do i find out the entry point of my binary
> image?

	-> nm hello_world
	0c108228 A __bss_end__
	0c108228 A __bss_start
	0c108228 A __bss_start__
	0c108228 D __data_start
	0c108228 A __end__
	0c108228 A _bss_end__
	0c108228 A _edata
	0c108228 A _end
	0c100158 T app_startup
	0c10013c T do_reset
	0c1000c8 t dummy
	0c10011c T free
	0c10010c T free_hdlr
	0c10012c T get_timer
	0c1000d4 T get_version
	0c1000dc T getc
====>>	0c100000 T hello_world
	0c10014c T i2c_read
	0c100144 T i2c_write
	0c100104 T install_hdlr
	0c100114 T malloc
	0c1000fc T printf
	0c1000ec T putc
	0c1000f4 T puts
	0c1000e4 T tstc
	0c100124 T udelay
	0c100134 T vprintf

See us @ Embedded/Electronica Munich, Nov 09 - 12, Hall A.6 Booth 513
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Is the glass half empty, half full, or twice as large as it needs to