[U-Boot-Users] My problem with gdb !

ravi.aloor at wipro.com ravi.aloor at wipro.com
Wed Nov 3 08:19:25 CET 2004

Hello, I want to debug linux kernel with BDI2000 on ARM11 based board.
Communication with the BDI2000 from my host machine is fine. I am facing
one warning message from gdb as shown below:

[ravi at localhost 2.6_kernel]$ arm-linux-gdb vmlinux
GNU gdb 6.1
are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain
conditions. Type "show copying" to see the conditions. There is
absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for details. This
GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=arm-linux"...
(gdb) target remote bdi:2001
Remote debugging using bdi:2001
0x48000000 in ?? ()
warning: shared library handler failed to enable breakpoint
(gdb) info program
Debugging a target over a serial line.
Program stopped at 0x48000000.
It stopped with signal SIGSTOP, Stopped (signal).
(gdb) n
Cannot find bounds of current function
(gdb) c
Continuing.

Program received signal SIGSTOP, Stopped (signal).
0x0000000c in ?? ()
(gdb) q
The program is running.  Exit anyway? (y or n) y
Remote communication error: Connection reset by peer. [ravi at localhost
2.6_kernel]$

During the compilation to get vmlinux, I selected the following options
that are related to debugging by default with 'make menuconfig' command:
	- Verbose user fault messages
	- Include GDB debugging information in kernel binary
	- Kernel debugging
	- Magic SysRq key
	- Verbose BUG() reporting (adds 70K)
	- Verbose kernel error messages

I think the actual problem is with that "warning" only as shown below. I
am not able to start debugging. Please suggest me what could be the
problem.

Thanks A Lot In Advance,
Ravi