[U-Boot-Users] RE: PCI initialization in U-Boot

Paul Wujek pwujek at xp2telecom.com
Tue Nov 2 14:39:43 CET 2004

> I understand from our friends at freescale that the PCI timing
> issue is resolved in the next rev of the chip.

Has Freescale given any estimate on when that next rev on the
MPC5200 will be available?

Alternately, are there other CPUs/boards that U-Boot runs on that
would be more suitable (easier to program), given the following
constraints:

1. Low power requirements (we were looking at clocking the
   MPC5200 to use ~1.5 watts).

2. Fanless

3. Ambient temperature range at least -20C to +60C

4. Enough processing power to support applications
   that can fill 1600x1200 resolution screens

5. PCI interface (to support the GPU)

I had suggested using Via C3 instead, but this was rejected
as not working in the complete temperature range (although
looking just now the ESP7000 might go -40C to +85C).

 --
Paul Wujek