[U-Boot-Users] DBGFLASGS in MPC8272ADS

Bastos Fernandez Alexandre ALEBAS at televes.com
Wed Nov 3 15:37:07 CET 2004

Hi,

After running U-boot-1.1.1 for some months, I am now trying the last CVS
version of Uboot (1.1.2) in my MPC8272ADS board. Now, my available
"infrastructure" has also grown, as "daddy" has bought a BDI2000 for me. :-)

I was trying to gain knowledge about the relocation address of Uboot into
SDRAM, so i have tried adding the -DDEBUG to DBGFLAGS in config.mk to get
all the debug("xxx") messages.

Unfortunately, when I do this, uboot (or the board itself) keeps rebooting
all the time, without showing anything through the console.

Using my BDI2000 I can see, in RUN mode, that the board is getting a
periodic reset. I have tried to debug the init process in HALT mode, but
here I have another problem ... when I reach this instruction form start.S

boot_cold:
#if defined(CONFIG_MPC8260ADS)
	lis	r3, CFG_DEFAULT_IMMR at h
	nop
=>	lwz	r4, 0(r3)

the board resets itself. This arrives both, when I use the image with
-DDEBUG flag, and when I use the image without this flag (which runs OK in
the board).

Any idea about those problems?

Thanks

Alex