[U-Boot-Users] Compressed U-Boot image

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Nov 3 19:03:44 CET 2004

Dear Terry,

in message <41890987.6090107 at beam.ltd.uk> you wrote:

> In my case I was hoping to use u-boot simply as a network boot loader without
> all of the debugging options. However I have only 32KByte to store the
> code in ....

The boot loader still has to do a lot of things, and  32  kB  is  not
much. Just reserve more memory for the boot loader :-)

> Is there another PPC based network boot loader you know off that would be
> better at this than u-boot ?

Better than UBoot? Such a question is obviously off topic here :-) :-)

Sory - I don't know of a boot loader  small  enough  and  still  with
network  support included, but then I'm not absolutely sure about all
possible configuration options for other boot loaders.

See us @ Embedded/Electronica Munich, Nov 09 - 12, Hall A.6 Booth 513
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Even historians fail to learn from history -- they repeat the same
mistakes.
	-- John Gill, "Patterns of Force", stardate 2534.7