[U-Boot-Users] My problem with gdb !

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Nov 4 10:39:48 CET 2004

Dear Ravi,

in message <93AC2F9171509C4C9CFC01009A820FA001C003D8 at blr-ec-msg05.wipro.com> you wrote:

> [ravi at localhost u-boot-arm11]$ arm-linux-gdb u-boot
> (gdb) target remote bdi:2001
> Remote debugging using bdi:2001
> 0x48000000 in ?? ()

As you can see here, this is not  the  reset  entry  point  (0x0000).
Obviously, the board has been already running some or maybe even many
instructions before it was stopped by the BDI2000.

Check your BDI2000 config file, and check the BDI's runmode.

> (gdb) b cpu_init
> Breakpoint 1 at 0x80e811c4: file cpu.c, line 93.
> (gdb) c
> Continuing.
>
> I waited for about 20 mintes. No response. I was expecting the
> breakpoint to hit as explained in 'DULG document' section "10.1.1

Probably the function cpu_init() was never  reached.  Either  it  was
executed  long  ago  before you attached to the BDI2000, or the board
crashed before reaching it.

Simply pressing "^C" in GDB will interrupt execution and give  you  a
chance  to  find  out  where  the  program  is running and what it is
currently doing. Also, performing a "mon reset", "mon go" sequence is
probably a good idea as this will allow you to start from  a  defined
state.

See us @ Embedded/Electronica Munich, Nov 09 - 12, Hall A.6 Booth 513
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I've got a bad feeling about this.