[U-Boot-Users] My problem with gdb !

ravi.aloor at wipro.com ravi.aloor at wipro.com
Thu Nov 4 09:03:23 CET 2004

Hello, I am using 'DULG document'. My work environment in brief:
BDI2000, ARM11 based board with flash memory, RedHat Linux-8.0 host
machine etc. After compiling the source of u-boot, I got u-boot.bin and
u-boot images. Using u-boot.bin image, I reprogrammed flash memory
through serial port. Using u-boot image, I started debugging.

[ravi at localhost u-boot-arm11]$ arm-linux-gdb u-boot
GNU gdb 6.1
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu
--target=arm-linux"...
(gdb) target remote bdi:2001
Remote debugging using bdi:2001
0x48000000 in ?? ()
(gdb) b cpu_init
Breakpoint 1 at 0x80e811c4: file cpu.c, line 93.
(gdb) c
Continuing.

I waited for about 20 mintes. No response. I was expecting the
breakpoint to hit as explained in 'DULG document' section "10.1.1
Debugging of U-Boot Before Relocation". Please suggest me what could be
the problem. I have tested the communication with BDI2000 from the host
machine using 'ftp' and 'telnet' commands. It's OK.

Thanks A Lot,
Ravi