[U-Boot-Users] how to provide tftp server functionality

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Nov 4 08:38:15 CET 2004

In message <000801c4c224$edd818b0$0310b40a at dlh.st.com> you wrote:

> I m using u-boot 1.1.1 bootloader for my arm board. the os image and
> ramdisk we make we download through our pc using tftp protocol. for this
> i need to run a tftp server on my host machine and board acts as a
> client.

OK, this is what U-Boot supports right out of the box.

> I want to do the viceversa. make my board a server and host pc a
> client.How can this be done?

This makes little sense to me. Maybe you explain _why_ you think  you
need such a feature?

See us @ Embedded/Electronica Munich, Nov 09 - 12, Hall A.6 Booth 513
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Randal said it would be tough to do in sed. He didn't say  he  didn't
understand  sed.  Randal  understands sed quite well. Which is why he
uses Perl. :-)         - Larry Wall in <7874 at jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV>