[U-Boot-Users] Compressed U-Boot image

VanBaren, Gerald (AGRE) Gerald.VanBaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Thu Nov 4 15:47:54 CET 2004

Hi WD, I like your .sig, very appropriate today :-)

I acknowledge the wink in your response, but my thought here is that, if
you _really_ need to fit in 32K, you may want to run "tftpboot" (or
equiv) instead of hush so that all the gutted u-boot knows how to do is
boot linux over the network.  Kind of equivalent to replacing "init" in
a linux disk image so that it runs your application directly.

There were only two requirements specified by Terry: net boot and fit in
32K.  Hopefully he is an engineer per Dr. McCoy ;-).

gvb

The following messages are brought to you by the Lawyers' League of
IdioSpeak:

The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, may contain confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you have received this e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your system manager.  Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person.  The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.  The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  The company accepts no liability for any damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.