[U-Boot-Users] Compressed U-Boot image

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Nov 4 17:04:50 CET 2004

In message <065ACD8E84315E4394C835E398C8D5EB9A60F3 at COSSMGMBX02.email.corp.tld> you wrote:

> I acknowledge the wink in your response, but my thought here is that, if
> you _really_ need to fit in 32K, you may want to run "tftpboot" (or
> equiv) instead of hush so that all the gutted u-boot knows how to do is

If you don't need hush, then just don't enable it an use  the  simple
command line parser (which is significantly smaller).

> There were only two requirements specified by Terry: net boot and fit in
> 32K.  Hopefully he is an engineer per Dr. McCoy ;-).

I'm afraid it still will not fit. 32 kB is just too small. The design
limit of U-Boot that I've always had in mind was 128 kB.

See us @ Embedded/Electronica Munich, Nov 09 - 12, Hall A.6 Booth 513
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Landing: a controlled mid-air collision with a planet.