[U-Boot-Users] Timeout by U-Boot while writing to flash

Paul Ruhland pruhland at rochester.rr.com
Fri Nov 5 05:39:09 CET 2004

On Thursday 04 November 2004 20:56, Devraj Mukherjee wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> We finally got U-Boot up and running on our board. Many thanks to
> everyone who replied to our emails. We are having trouble writing the
> initial environment variables to the system.

This sounds like it may be a problem with the newer board revisions vs. the
current cvs.  There were changes to the cpld and the I/O buffers which set
the buffers in the wrong direction by default at boot.  You have to either
enable pcmcia (both) or set a couple gpio lines.

To check your cpld revision enter the following:

LPD7A400> md.b 0x71400000 1

The only info I have is from the boards I've been able to get.  A cpld
revision >= 0x34 has the buffer change.  I've seen lower version numbers
mentined as have this change also but cannot confirm.

To set the gpio pins enter the following:

LPD7A400> mw 0x80000e3c 0x00000000 1
LPD7A400> mw 0x80000e38 0x00000005 1

The first command ensures portg pins are outputs (default).  The second
command sets the necessary pins to set the buffers in the proper direction.

I was holding off the patch for this till I got reliable info about the  the
card engine revision vs. the buffer direction change.  I haven't gotten any
response yet.

--
Paul Ruhland