AW: [U-Boot-Users] Univesal bootloader in 2 stages

Martin Krause Martin.Krause at tqs.de
Fri Nov 5 18:06:12 CET 2004

Hi Srivatsan,

Srivatsan wrotes on Freitag, 5. November 2004 11:59:
> Thanks for the answer Mr.Wolfgang Denk.
>
> Since my hardware is customized, to run the hardware for the
> very first
> time with a bootloader, programming 200K will take a lot more
> time with
> a JTAG interface [Thinking from manufacturing angle]. That's
> the reason
> I wanted to have the bootloader to be split into 2.[So that
> programming only around 10K will not take a lot of time compared to
> the whole bootloader].
>
> Do you have any suggestion for this type of a scenario?

If production time is a matter for you (because you plan to produce a high
number of boards), you could buy the flash chips pre-programmed. Or you could
program the flashes _before_ soldering with an industrial flash programmer.
Or you could use an in circuit tester (ICT) to program the flashes.

For a smaller number of boards (0...1000 p. a.) a good JTAG Debugger like the
BDI2000 is a practical solution.

Regards,
Martin