[U-Boot-Users] Univesal bootloader in 2 stages

Brian Waite linwoes at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 18:46:06 CET 2004

I would reccommend getting a stable version of u-boot and having your
FLASH chips preprogrammed. I do this and basically the initial FLASH
load will determine if this is the first time it's been run and if so
will tftp a script over that updates u-boot to the most current
shipping version and does any other mojo I might need to do.

Also, as WD suggested, using a workspace allows my BDI to xfer
~100K/second. If you are trying have so many boards that 2 seconds a
board is too long, then get your chips preprogammed.

Thanks
Brian